Friday, July 4, 2008

Leona Helmsley's Will

Helmsley Left Dogs Billions in Her Will

The article is about who should get the money. Mrs. Helmsley left her dog all the money and left her family out. She left her dog all the money to be taken care of and have the security that the dog needs.

I wouldn't think that you could have dog or any other animal in a will. I would think that it should be left to a human being. The family should have been left with something and then maybe a % be left to an animal organization. I don't feel that any animal needs to have security. I thought that some people had dogs to protect them. I feel that it's a waste of money to have the dog groomed like that. I understand that dogs should have a bath and be groomed, but you have to draw a line somewhere. She ordered certain things to be done, but that was not in the will. I feel that she had lost her mind. This case should have been thrown out and divide the money equally among the family.

3 comments:

Gail Bauer said...

Your summary is a little weak. She didn't just leave her dog the money. You missed some points that were fairly important to the article.

Good opinions though. Actually you can leave your money to whoever or whatever you want to. Some people do some pretty weird things in their wills.

Lisa said...

I guess I was just blown away reading the article I forgot to mention some of the important points. I just couldnt believe that someone would leave money to a dog, especially that much. Sorry, about making it short. Next weeks entry will be better. lol

Quisha said...

I agree she could have left at least a percent of the money to her family that is too much money to leave for the research and care of dos and not give family a nice portion.